Would you be interested in sitting on the Interview Board which interviews those who want to take part in our Skills Development programmes?
(1) delivered in-house for organisations, arranged by organisations for those who wish to keep up to speed withe latest thinking, skills and techniques for business and management skills.
(2) delivered to individuals who wish to keep up to speed with the latest thinking, skills and techniques outside the arrangements made by their organisations.
It is the second type for which we seek Board Interviewers. We take on a limited number of individuals each year. We always have more on the waiting list. This year, we are doubling the numbers we accept, to 20 people.
The Board Interviewers help us to make the final decision as to whether the individual is 'up to the task ahead' in participating in the programme and then helps us decide on who has priority.
(1) be an advocate for constant business and management development, especially when in leadership positions,
(2) demonstrate that by taking part themselves in structured learning to support on the job learning, and encouraging their teams to do so,
(3) have undertaken themselves learning 'in addition to the demands of the day job' so that they can assess whether the individual is up to the task of putting their own time and energy into the experience. It doesn't matter whether the learning has been business, how to fix a car, or a new language! The point is to understand the need to be motivated enough to keep learning something new when the day job has ended yet there is more to be done...
(4) come from any sector. We have board members from sectors other than legal services, charity or social enterprise, as well as those ones. The sector does not matter.
If you are interested in finding out more about joining the happy band of Board Interviewers, contact Sara. Full training will be given. Much wine and chocolates provided in appreciation of contribution!